Saturday, August 24, 2013

A Hand, Day 1

Don't freak out here!
The reason this hand looks half like a skeleton's appendage is because it's a W.I.P (work in progress). I want to try to see how life-like I can get it. :] ...We'll see...

Here is "day one". (I think I really only worked an hour on it so far...)


I started working on this after listening to a history lecture by Dr. George Grant. Dr. Grant was telling us in his lecture about his experience living on the streets of New York for a month, for the purpose of writing a book. During that time, he met a man of the streets whose hands were "gnarled and weathered...from over two dozen years of life on the streets", etc.

He explained the man so vividly, that I just had to draw him, or at least try to draw his hands. Unfortunately, the only hand available for reference was my own... and so I must make do with what I have. ;) Trying to draw my own hand more masculine and weathered is interesting, but actually kind of fun. :)
I will post the next day's progress later. Hopefully, it won't take more than two or three days. ;)

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment