Saturday, June 8, 2013

Naruto, Part 3

Gaara.
(Pronounced...like it's read-Gar ra)
This guy's got to be one of my favorite Naruto characters, but it took a while before I really liked him.
 When he was first introduced, Gaara was a heartless, ruthless, and dangerous boy from the Village of the Sand. His earlier years were ones of pain. Not physical pain, but the pain of a "wounded heart". His father the Kazekage tried to kill him 6 times, but each assassination attempt failed because of his "ultimate shield", the "living" sand that protects him. (As the host of Shukaku, Gaara possesses the ability to manipulate sand.) He came to believe that his existence was only to kill.
During the Chunin Exam Finals,however, he fought Team 7 (Sasuke, Naruto, and Sakura). Sasuke and Sakura were soon down for the count, and Naruto became enraged. The battle was long and by the end of it, each boy was wounded and completely worn out. Still, Naruto swore with the last of his strength "I won't let you hurt the people important to me...even if you try to kill them...I will stop you." Gaara realizes what makes Naruto and the others so strong, even willing to lay down their lives for each other, is love. Slowly, that realization begins to change his heart...
He becomes one of the best characters, IMHO. :)

These drawings are mostly from compilations of books 4-9, so he hasn't had a change of heart yet. Still, he's pretty cool and a lot of fun to draw!

The full page:

My Favorite Gaara quotes:

"One day I'd like to become something precious to others."

*to Naruto* "I think of you as a friend. I used to think "friend" was just another word... Nothing more, nothing less. But when I met you, I realized what was important was the word's meaning."

"This is where it all starts for me. Starting with this small bond. I too want to become someone who is needed, instead of a weapon that is feared. And as the Kazekage of the Sand."

Closer ups:
I wonder how heavy that gourd of sand is?

Gaara's "don't mess with me face"...
wait, isn't that his usual expression?

Gaara of the Sand, a quiet yet deadly ninja.

A face of fierce hurt and longing...and determination.
(This is personally my favorite view.)

I just realized that I keep forgetting to sign my work...I'll make sure to next time. 
Anyway, adios amigos!

No comments:

Post a Comment