Sunday, June 2, 2013

Naruto, Part 2

It's Sasuke!!!
Sasuke Uchiha (pronounced: sauce-kay oo-CHEE-ha). Another Naruto character...and one of the most confusing too.
Sasuke is a character you both love and hate. Though his outward appearance may be cool, intelligent, and aloof, Sasuke carries a huge weight. When he was only a child, his whole clan was murdered by his brother Itachi. Itachi left only the young Sasuke alive, telling him "If you want to kill me, despise me, hate me, and live in an unsightly way...Run, and cling to life, and then some day, when you have the same eyes I do, come before me." (*shiver*) From that moment on, Sasuke's only goal in life was revenge. That thirst for revenge (and more power to achieve it) destroyed him...
I'm a little more than halfway through the manga, so I'm hoping Sasuke eventually turns good again and comes back to the Leaf Village... but now I'm wondering if he would even be able to set foot in his home town without being killed for betrayal. Oh Sasuke! Your friends still believe there is a sliver of light left in that closed heart of yours...they're searching for you!

The full sketchbook page...

And, (same as last time), my favorite Sasuke quotes:

"My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan, and kill a certain somebody."

"When one loves... there's also the risk of hate..."

*To Naruto* "Just shut up for once! What the hell do you know about it?! It's not like you ever had a family in the first place! You were on your own right from the beginning, what makes you think you know anything about it?! Huh?! I'm suffering now because I had those ties, how on earth could you possibly understand, what it feels like to lose all that?!"



Profile


Such a smug expression...

(Left side) The blood trait of the Uchiha clan: Sharingan!
(Right side) The Uchiha clan crest on Sasuke's clothing.

Gaara of the Sand in the next post. Ciao for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment