Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Digital Drawing!

Hello Digital art software!
For a while, I'd been trying to use Smithmicro's Manga Studio on our desktop computer. With the mouse, that is. For anyone who has not tried drawing on the computer with a mouse, it's hard. You can master it if you try though, it has been done. But it's hard!
Well, I was drawing that way, at least, trying to draw that way, but wasn't getting anywhere with it. To be perfectly honest, I was getting quite frustrated. Then my Dad offered to install the software on his tablet. Guess what? I can draw now! The pen does sometimes malfunction, but when it works, it works well. To anyone who has digital art software: you should try a tablet.

Here are two drawings I did digitally on Smithmicro’s Manga Studio. Doug Hills created some very helpful tutorials for Manga Studio users. I could never have made it this far without those!



 The latest, "Rebel Leader" from Christopher Hart's Manga for the Beginner: Chibis. Great book!

Daniel X: Dana. (Same picture I drew previously, but redrawn on the tablet.)

Now, I'll probably be able to sketch all my pages for my manga novel straight into the pc. Definitely a lifted burden!

I think God is helping me with this project, little by little. 
He works in miraculous ways. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment